Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The prayers of the innocent

You know how when you listen to something over and over again, it can become trite? We'll after almost a year of hearing the kids at the soup kitchen pray daily before eating I can honestly say that is not the case. There are days when I still tear up just listening to their voices. One child volunteers to pray and the others echo the prayer which usually goes something like: "Lord Jesus, we give you thanks for one more day of life. Thank you for the food you have given us. Bless my brothers and sisters here, bless the women who prepared the food, and bless Steve and Micki. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I think hearing this prayer is one of the things I'm going to miss the most....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy - I know these last two weeks are going to be difficult for you. This small video is such a needed reminder of how tender and needy these little souls are at the soup kitchen. Thank you for this reminder and we'll pray God will watch over all of them and they will know he hears their prayers. Hugs to you all. Mom & Dad B.