Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A few of my favorite things......
















1. The View
2. Being greeted with kisses and hugs by 170 kids each day
3. A woman at the soup kitchen naming her daughter Amy, after me. The poor girl was 2 months old and didn't have a name yet!
4. The kids, always the kids
5. Picking lemons in the yard for fresh lemonade
6. Our friends Gloria, who cleans our house once a week. She can outclean anyone I know (even you, dad :) ) and makes the best rice around (which is no easy feat because of the high altitude)
7. A dozen roses for $1.00



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy and Greg, this is your cousin Dawn. Your mom has been emailing me to check out your website. I must say, I am very proud of you both. Your work and memories will last you a lifetime of self gratification that most people never experience and those you are helping will remember you both forever in their hearts long after your work is done there. Wishing you both a Happy Thanksgiving, not sure if you will be celebrating in any sort of way, but I wanted to you both to know that I will be thinking of you both and being thankful of you both today.
Love Cousin Dawn

Nikki Crockett said...

Ok, that's it. Get ready cause I'm packing my bags and I'm moving in!!! I wish, wish, wish we could come nad visit and enjoy each of your favorite things as well. Looking at the pictures of the kids reminds me so much of Malawi and those little cherubs that are ecstatic to see you every day!!! Soooo fun. And someone named their baby after you, Amy? That's amazing! You truly have marked your love in this woman's life. AMEN!

Robinson Family said...

You guys are living the coolest life I know. Amazing isn't it? The most expensive thing on your list are the dozen roses - for a buck! That speaks volumes by itself.