Friday, February 8, 2008

El Centro Historico












Here are some pics of the historic district of Quito. We like to come down here to chill when we have free time. There are tons of beautifully architectured cathedrals to visit. You can always find someone inside paying homage to Mary or the Virgen of Quito at one of the many shrines. You can buy just about anything here at the fresh fruit and vegetable markets, clothing stores and great cafes. One of our favorite places is a small bakery that sells the most delicious chicken empanadas you've ever tasted! My mouth is watering just thinking about them!

6 comments:

Nikki Crockett said...

Hey could you send some of those chicken empanadas this way please? That sounds delicious (although I don't even know what an empanada is)
Could that cathedral possibly have any more colors inside it? It looks like an Easter egg. Ahh...I see cerveza on one of those signs. Hmmmm.... :0)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Glad to see your still finding time to enjoy yourselves. I just had some chicken empennadas myself in your old home town of Phoenix at a place called Chuyes (Choo-ies). Hope all is well. Vinnie/Andi/Birthday girl Bella

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hmmmm Cant wait to try those chicken empennadas. Of course I am looking forward to the market place where you got those beautiful roses!!!
When I saw the pictures of the churches it reminded me of the time you went to England.A little different but big in size like them.
Cant wait to see you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hola` Senor and Senorita (?) Is that correct? Anyway, thanks for the peak at those yummy empanadas. Can't wait to try one. The historic district looks very intriguing too and we look forward to visiting there with you. You'll be great guides we're sure. By the time we arrive you'll be fluent in spanish which will be great for us seeing we speak very little spanish! Hugs to you both! Mom and Dad B.

Anonymous said...

I'll be the 4th person to say... can't wait to try the chicken empenadas!!!! Oh, and I can't wait to see you both too!!!! I am sooooo excited about coming there, I can't believe it :) yayyyyy! Kathryn