Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Hiking Elalo









This past Saturday, Greg and I hiked a nearby mountain (top right picrure) with a huge 40ft cross on the top. At 10,500 feet high, we were huffing and puffing most of the way! On our way back home, we had our first bus and taxi ride solo. It was quite an experience! We practically had to stand in the middle of the road to wave a bus down in the pouring rain because there aren't any designated bus stops here. The taxi drivers here make the ones in NY look like they're standing still. Off roading for them is no big deal. I decided Im going to carry a blindfold with me everytime we have to take public transportation (which will be a lot!).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how amazing!!! You two are kids after my own heart! When I come, can we hike that again? or are you pretty much done hiking that mountain?? :O) How is the house?

Robinson Family said...

Thanks so much for giving us your blog address! You all have really been on our hearts and I see why! God is using you both in such a mighty way and it's only the beginning!! Glad to be able to call you all friends. ;-) We do miss you!

Nikki Crockett said...

Looks beautiful and lots of fun. I'm sure Mom will have a heart attack when sees that picture of you, Greg. Great shot Ames. Isn't public transportation in foreign countries an experience for everyone? Bring on the blindfold! Wahoo!
xoxoxo

pricillala said...

Hey, this is Joey. thanks so much for taking the time to update your friends and family as to what's going on in Ecuador. Great to see what you two have been up to. Love you two.

Anonymous said...

OKAY GREG - ALWAYS PUSHING THE ENVELOPE AREN'T YOU! YIKES - YOU ARE THE ADVENTURER CLIMBING UP THAT CROSS. THE LANDSCAPE LOOKS VERY SIMILAR TO PARTS OF MEXICO THAT WE HAVE VISITED. GLAD YOU ARE GETTING A CHANCE TO SEE AREAS OUTSIDE OF QUITO. STAY WELL AND SAFE. LOVE, MOM

Anonymous said...

Looks like your already exploring the land.You two are so adventurous!! I am glad to see you didn't climb the cross like Greg or did you leave that picture out??
So your experiencing a new way of getting around. If you say you need a blind fold can you imagine what I would need!!!! You would have to drug me then blind fold me. I am glad all is going well. Love the updates!! miss you Love mom G